22 Oct 2011

Skånsk=Scottish?

Today at work, two men came in, and after ordering they said to me: "We can hear on your accent that you're Scottish". They were surprised when I told them I was Swedish and then said: "Aren't swedes usually blond?"

To me, that is a compliment. Well, not the blond part, but that I sounded Scottish. It means that my English isn't too bad. It's hard to hear yourself when you talk, so it's nice to hear what people think it sounds like. On the other hand, I have also heard that I sound British, and also that I sound french. But I'm happy as long as people don't tell me I sound Swedish. That would be an insult to me, because the "Swedish" English sounds awful.

1 comment:

  1. Coolt, men du pratar väldigt bra engelska så det är inte så konstigt ;)

    ReplyDelete