27 Oct 2011

Accents

As I wrote a couple of days ago, people have commented on my accent. Some people say I sound french, some say British, the other day someone thought I was from Spain (WTF??) and today, someone said I had a Liverpool accent.

So, my thoughts on this are that either my accent is severely schizophrenic, or people are just really bad with accents.

Maybe both?


About my day today, it was pretty quiet at work. Except from when a couple came in to buy something and started fighting in the middle of the transaction. It was very awkward, because I had to stand there and wait for the girl to pay, while she preferred to yell at her boyfriend. Then she yelled at me for not hearing what she said when she asked for honey to her coffee.

On my way home, I was really excited to start moving my stuff to another room, but when I get home I see a note on the kitchen table that says that Julian, the guy who's moving, hadn't packed his stuff yet so he wouldn't give me the key. I'm so disappointed. Not only because I won't be able to move my stuff, but mostly because I asked him days ago if it would be okay for me to move in. He had plenty of time, and he doesn't even have that much stuff! And now I need to wait until Monday! Arrgh!


random pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment