15 Dec 2011

Tired of flat shares

Our flat is finally clean again! After weeks of living in the dirt, I couldn't stand it anymore and decided to clean the house properly, since most of the people in my flat doesn't know how to.

Welcome to the world of flat share, ladies and gentlemen!


I hate to be a nag, and I shouldn't have to tell people to wipe up after themselves when dropping something on the floor, or even how to clean a toilet. I understand that everyone are from different backgrounds, so some might not be used to having to do cleaning and that sort of stuff themselves, but it really isn't that hard and it's very much about common sense, actually. If you miss the bin while throwing something away, then pick it up!

We keep a cleaning schedule in our flat, but not everyone follows it. And even if people clean, some only do it half way. The kitchen hadn't been cleaned in at least two weeks (and it was probably longer since anyone cleaned the toilet). The floor was sticky with what probably was old food and other stuff that people have dropped, the stove was horrible and the cupboards were greasy. Yuck! And don't get me started on the toilet! There was a tampon on the floor, the toilet itself... disgusting! And I think worst of all was the end of the bath tub, where some people have kept their shampoo bottles. When I removed the bottles there was lots of slimy goo underneath... and yeah, let's leave it at that...

*vomit* I'm so glad to be going back to Sweden for two weeks...


After I was done cleaning I put up some annoyed notes (yep, I've turned into that kind of person...)


Anyway, over to something more fun. Terés is coming later and then she, Julia and I will have a little dinner and wine. Very nice! I bought the food earlier and I'm going to start cooking soon. I'm gonna surprise them by having the food ready when they get here. Or at least I'll try, since I don't know exactly what time they are gonna be here. I'm going to make bacon wrapped chicken, with a nice sauce and fried potatoes and peppers! Omnomnom!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We can clean together in February ;P

    ReplyDelete