12 Sept 2012

Paris - Day two

On the first morning in Paris, we accidentally slept through the hotel breakfast, so we decided to go out and find a café. While we were getting ready, my foot slipped while I was stepping on the bed. It slided down the edge and my toe got stuck and I heard a popping sound. (It later turned out it was broken, but we didn't know that at the time)

So before finding a place to eat, we went to a pharmacy and bought bandage. Then we walked (I limped) down the road and found a café with a view of the Moulin Rouge.



After breakfast, we took the metro to first go see Notre Dame and then the Eiffel tower! In the metro, Joe dropped his sun glasses down onto the track, so we had to get someone from the metro staff to pick them up. Also, Ellinor found a butterfly.



 You know you're in France when there is baguettes lying around everywhere you go.








 On a bus towards the Eiffel tower (which you can see in the background)








 I played around with the "miniature effect" on my camera







 I pretended to be paparazzi and followed Ellinor, snapping away on my camera.


 More miniature effects. It looks like toys!

 We don't know how to behave at restaurants...

FOOD! First up - starters:
 I had Goat's cheese salad.
 Ellinor had tomato soup.
 Joe had tuna salad

 Main course:
 Both Ellinor and I had steak.
 Joe had beef stew.
 Desserts:
 I tried the Lemon tart. Delicious!
 Ellinor had Creme Brulee
 Joe had chocolate cake.

After dinner, we went to the Eiffel tower and watched the light show. There were lights flashing allover the tower and it went on for five minutes.


 Normal tower, without flashing lights.

 Moulin Rouge at night.
 This is where Amelie worked in Amelie from Montmartre
 My poor foot is tired of walking.

In the evening, we decided to go out somewhere close to the hotel, so we went to the small bar on the corner across from our hotel room.
 The "wine list".



It was a really nice day. Even thought my foot slowed us down quite a bit, we got a lot of things done and had a really good time. We all went to bed exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment