11 Sept 2012

Paris - Day one

I came back to London this morning after having a wonderful weekend in Paris, together with Ellinor and Joe. We've been walking around the city, looking at all the big monuments, eaten great food, we went to The Louvre and we got to experience the city at night. Of course, I brought my camera, and in total I took 620 pictures during these three days!

Obviously, I won't show all of them here in the blog, and I won't be able to show everything in one post, so I will split it into different parts, starting with day one!

Saturday morning, Joe and I took the bus from Victoria station. Then the bus went on the ferry and in total the journey took about 8 hours. When we arrived in Paris we went on the Metro, which to me was way more confusing than when I went on the London underground for the first time.







Then we went to the hotel, which was located in beautiful Montmartre, and there, Ellinor was waiting for us. We left our stuff in the hotel room and then walked up the hill, where there is a lot of nice restaurants and an amazing view. We were really hungry and we found this small cosy restaurant.

 View from our hotel room.











 I think Joe was pretty happy travelling with two girls :P


 On our way back to the hotel, we stopped by this little store. The shop owner was a happy little man, whose face lit up when we understood his english. He then explained to us that this shop is the same that Amelie goes to in the film Amelie from Montmartre, and that this is the same building that she lived in! That was a really nice surprise!


Hotel room view at night

After that we met up with Thomas. The plan was that we would go out clubbing, so I didn't bring my camera. However, the plan failed and we drank some wine by the river instead, which was also really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment