30 May 2013

Last day of term!

I've just finished the last day of this term and submitted the final project for fashion portfolio II! I am now looking forward to tonight's fashion show, where the graduates will be showing their collections. After that it is summer break!

I was actually quite happy with my final project. The assignment was to take a text, which could be from anywhere, and then translate it into a collection of six outfits. I choose the quote "When he looks at me, all he sees is a broken toy", which is from an episode of vampire diaries (don't judge me...).

I decided to try and experiment a bit with this project, and try to do the illustrations differently than I otherwise do. I used watercolour and let the paint run on the paper while painting.

As you can see, all the figures are supposed to be broken somehow:


 A broken wind-up toy
 This one dropped an arm
This has a broken leg.
This one has no arms.
A barbie doll that lost its head.
Here, I tried to make her look like a broken porcelain doll.

And here is the moodboard.

1 comment: