22 Mar 2012

Catching up.

Soooo... Where should I begin? Let's start with St. Patricks day. Work was quite busy all evening, and I left work around midnight. After work I met up with Ellinor and the guys and we went to an Irish pub. It was very nice, though I was very tired as usual. But we ended up having a really good time anyway!

The day after that, it was Mothers day, which meant that I had a veeery busy day ahead of me at work. When I stepped inside the door of the restaurant, I was met by chaos. People were running around, some were yelling at each other. Especially the kitchen had problems. We had to tell people that came into the restaurant that we were full, because the kitchen couldn't handle the amount of people. Thankfully, it became less busy later in the evening, but there was still a lot to do.

Monday, I started school again! My first class was Historical and contextual studies, which is basically fashion history. The course seems interesting, though there is a lot of work. After school, there was a staff meeting at work. In the end of the meeting we went to Camden and had some nice food and some drinks, to say goodbye to two of our colleagues that are leaving our restaurant.

Yesterday, I spoke to my family on skype. It became a bit emotional. I miss them all so much, and it's hard being so far away from them! And I know that they are worried that something will happen to me here in London, but I don't want them to...

Today, when I was on my way to work, I realised that I might be a bit late, so I called to tell them. My manager answered "Ok, well, we actually have a lot of people working today, so if you want you can take a day off."

Sweet!


So now, I have some time over to start working on my homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment