22 Sept 2011

Rude Customers

When you work at a place like starbucks, you get to face a lot of different types of people. Most people come in to the café with a nice attitude, but once in a while you meet people that aren't so nice. I met one of those not so nice people today.

She is a regular at our starbucks and she always sits on the same spot. All day long. Today, she came up to the counter and wanted something toasted. One of my collegues goes up to her to toast it for her and the woman completely ignores her. 

My collegue: "You want me to toast this for you?"

Woman: "No, I want Pat to do it!"

*Me and my collegue looked at each other with confused looks*

Woman: "I don't want you to toast it, because you burnt my crossiant earlier! God, why is everyone flocking around me!?" (It was only the three of us there)

Another scenario that happened later whas when she was ordering something to drink:

*I'm reaching for a mug to put her drink in*

Woman: "No, not that one! There is a mark on it"

Me: "This? That's just from the marker we use..." *I rub on a small spot on the side of the mug and it disappears*

Woman: "Look, I don't want to have a long discussion about this. Just give me another mug!"

What's also incredibly annoying about this woman is that, on her voice, she sounds so very nice, but what she is saying isn't nice at all. She is always critizising what we do and how we do it and she always insists on wiping her table herself because we "Don't do it right".

No comments:

Post a Comment